Gandhinagar is capital of Gujarat and one of the Greenest city of the India. Also it has many places to visit in and around. For Ahmedabad, It is common to roam around Gandhinagar. If you are planning to arrange picnic from Ahmedabad or Gandhinagar for 1 day within 80 kms, it is really good approach to use this route.
- Gandhinagar (30 Kms) – Gandhinagar has several places which you can see below.
- Dholeshwar Temple – On the way of gandhinagar
- Indroda Park / Zoo – This Zoo have miniatures of dinosaurs. Also having animals like deer, lions, tiger, reptiles and birds. Its too huge park and need time to watch fully.
- Sarita Udhyan – This is bird watcher’s good place
- Akshardham (Monday Closed) – View More details of akshardham
- Swarnim Park – Central Vista Garden – Long garden for relaxment.
- Adalaj Stepwell – It is middle of the Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar and very ancient Stepwell.
5+ places to see around. Good for all age and family or friend. You can enjoy full day in Gandhinagar and Akshardham. Best time to visit during the monsoon or after that. Monday Akshardham Remained close so plan accordingly.
Mahakali Vad (60 Kms)
This is famous vad (banyan tree) which is one of the most widest tree of the gujarat. It may be second after the Kabirwad. The temple of the Mahakali Devi situated in the middle of the trunk. This vad is spreading around 5 meters each year. Thanks to the farmers who donate the land for this tree and showing the interest in progress of vad.
Good for 1-2 Hours time spending with family. The location is really beautiful in middle of many villages so to reach here, you can see the beauty of Gujarat’s villages and lush green farms. It has only few shops around so carry some food/water if you have planned to stay longer. Also suggest to arrange your own transporation.
Location – This vad is located near the chiloda towards the himmatnagar. After chiloda chokdi, find the board of the Mahakali vad (Kantharpur). It is 18 km from Chiloda. The Road is narrow but it is worth to enjoy it.
Galteshwar near Pratij (60 Kms)
About temple, I do not have much information 🙁 but is the good temple/view of sabarmati. Sabarmati’s sand is really amaze you when you pass through the kotar to reach galteshwar. Near to it there is bridge and check dam. Which is really amazing to see
Location – From the chiloda, go towards the pratij. before pratij take left turn towards mahudi. Mahudi is 12 km from this place but last 4 km road is not good. (As per the 15th Nov 2015)