Real beauty of Ahmedabad (First Heritage City of India) is in heritage and culture. We strongly suggest to go for Guided Heritage Walk. Multiple organizer and walks options available (Morning, Night, Digital, Auto Rickshaw) – Click here to see All available options
On Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway
- Sarkhej Roja – Its 8 km from city near sarkhej, its the most elegant architectural complexes of Ahmedabad. The building are remarkable for the complete absence of arches and the use of pierced stone trellises throughout.
- Gurudwara Gobind dham (It appears from the road, at night it illuminate with the beautiful lights.
- Sola Bhagwat Vidhyapith – It is good place for picnic too.
- Balaji Temple – new temple built opposite nirma college
- Vaishnav Devi Temple – Beautiful artificial mountain developed. You have to go through by walk.
- Gujarat Science City (8 Kms)
- Harekrishna Temple Bhadaj (16 Kms)
- Tri Mandir (Temple) -It is near Adalaj. The large white temple. Sunday it is crouded with the lots of devotees.
- Adalaj Vav (Stepwell) – 19 Km – The stepwell, Is beautifully carved. The AMC has developed large garden, lake and Toran cafeteria around. Which is also good place for picnic and spare some time with the beloved one.
East of Ahmedabad
- Kankaria Area – It is located in Maninagar. This place is beatiful circular lake. It is full of fun and good picnic spot. It will take minimum 4-5 hours if you want to enjoy full fun of this area. The government organized the Kankaria Carnival every year during the 25th December to 31st December Which includes lots of cultural program, water laser show, fireworks, races, painting and other events. Please click here to see full details of kankariya lake
- Ravivari Bazaar – Sunday open only. (Location : Below the Ellisbridge) Government has developed this market and vehicles are allowed to go till the market which was not possible before. Video you can see here (Karan bhavsar shooted nicely) – https://youtu.be/tvxs0b167lQ You can find the amazing products in this market. They are selling all the items in the reasonable rates. People who are looking for antique items and old second hand things must have to visit there once.
- Jagannath Temple – Famous jagannath temple. Rathyatra begins from this temple. Rathyatra is biggest event in the old walled city.
- Vintage Museum – Vintage car museum on S.P.Ring road near CTM
North of Ahmedabad
- Sabarmati ashram (Gandhi Ashram) & Dandi Bridge
- Camp’s Hanuman Temple
- Shahi Baug
- Sardar Patel Memorial – Beautiful place with Garden in memory of the Sardar Patel. This was the palace built by Mughal Shahjahan on riverbank of sabarmati. It is renovated and converted into the museum by AMC.
- Riverfront Shahibaug – The Big Garden and picnic place with nice view of the River Sabarmati. Entry fees is 10 Rs.
- Riverfront Usmanpura – The big garden in the opposite side of the Riverfront Shahibaug, the new place for picnic and relaxation. 10 Rs charge for adult.
- Calico museum – Ahmedabad was once called Manchester of India due to numbers of textile mill. First textile mill was the calico which is founded by father of Scientist Dr. Vikram Sarabhai. The textile journey of Ahmedabad mentioned very well in Calico museum
- Daada hari Vav (Stepwell) Asarva
- Mini Kankaria – Newly created lake which is located in Naroda on the Dehgam Road. It is 11 km far from the Ahmedabad Railway station. It has garden, kids fun activities, boating facilities. It is worth visiting.
West and South of Ahmedabad
- Patang Hotel – Revolving Restaurant which will give you full view of sabarmati river and riverfront and old and new city. It rotate 360 Degree in 1 hour. Must take lunch/dinner here to enjoy aerial view
- Hussain Doshi’s Gufa (cave)- Its the art of Expert Architecture B.V.Doshi and Artist M.F.Hussain. This artificial cave located inside the University area and near CEPT which has unique architecture
- Law garden
- Vastrapur lake
- Swaminarayan Museum Naranpura
- Drive-In Theatre
- Sundarvan – Mini Zoo
- Bhav Nirzar – Small Temple on the Jodhpur Tekra (opposite sundarvan). You can see panoramic view of north Ahmedabad from here
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Exhibition – Next to Sundarvan, you can visit VSSE museum which is very good to see if you are enthu about the science and space. Vikram sarabhai was born and brought up in Ahmedabad and founded ISRO. So in ISRO you can see this space exhibition.
- Vishala Restaurant & Utensils Museum – Vintage and very popular hotels. Vishala provides authntic food of Gujarat. Food prepared by the traditional women in the hotel. Also ambience of Hotel displayed as small village. It is good to see in morning and night. Night they use lanterns instead of lights.
- NC Mehta Museum of Miniatures – It has excellent examples of the various schools of Indian miniature painting. The building was designed by Le Corbusier, The famous architect. Open Tuesday to Saturday. From 9 to 11am and 4 to 7 pm.
- Shreyas Folk Musuem – It is 2.5 km west of Sabarmati in the suburb of Ambdavadi, Displays the folk arts and crafts of Gujarat. It is open Daily from 9 am to noon and 3 to 5 except Wednesday.