Taranga hill and Dharoi dam are beautiful places to visit in north Gujarat. In the time of King Kumarpal, the beautiful Jain temple had been built on the Small hill Taranga. It is a 5 km drive to reach on top. The view from the top of the hill is breathtaking. Especially after the Monsoon.
Things to do at Taranga HIll – Dharoi Dam – Vadnagar?
- Experience thrilling ride to reach bottom to top by car or bike. I personally suggest to have bike ride ride. Bring bike here and enjoy the 5 kms of road. Also walk on the road for few meter it will give great experience
- Visit Very old Jain Temple on top of the hill.
- View point – View the Sabarmati river and surrounding from the top of the hill. After monsoon it has majestic view.
- If you want to have night stay Jain dharmashala is available on top of the hill. I am not sure they allow non-jain to stay or not.
- Dharoi Dam
- Take the car in the bottom of the dam on front side. Take photos and enjoy the beauti of the dam. If it has low water, you can take bath too.
- After few mins you can see 1 hanumanji temple, after reaching there Just turn back and see towards dam. You will not forget that view ever. I have its photos but do not want disclose here
- Visit Kirti Toran
- Sharmishtha Talav
- Tanariri Memorial
- Pancham Mehta’s Vav (Stepwell)
- Very old Hatkeshwar Mahadev Mandir (Don’t miss it)
- Buddhist Ruined monarchy and museum
Departure from your preferred location – Generally we start between 7 to 9:30 AM
Taranga Hill, Taranga Jain Temple, Mini hill Station is a pictures hill station in the mountain range in Aravali near the Dharoi dam of the Sabarmati river.
Total Time to reach from Ahmedabad – 3 to 4 Hours. Generally spending time: 1 to 2 hours.
- Nice view of Sabarmati river
- Hilly mountain drive through 5 kms
- On the top blessed with Beautiful jain temples
- Walk down to enjoy beauty (Except summer)
Total Time to reach from Taranga- 20 Mins. Generally spending time – 1 to 2 hours
Dharoi dam is the key dam on the Beautiful river of Sabarmati. The dam is located in a beautiful hilly area around north Gujarat. There is a road to go to the river bed of the Dharoi dam. From there you can get a scenatic view of the dam and hill surrounding.
Total Time to reach from Dhroi Dam – 30 Mins. Generally spending time: 1 to 2 hours
Vadnagar is an ancient town that is famous for Kirti Toran, Tana Riri and Vadnagara Brahmin. Also, it is the hometown of the Shri Narendra Modi.
- Tana Riri Memorial
- Sharmistha Talav
- Amatol Gate
- Kirti Toran
Dinner on Highway
In between the Vadnagar and Ahmedabad, there are many Dhabas and Hotels available mostly Vegetarian. Ahmedabadi people used to take dinner on the highway on weekend. We will provide time to take dinner on the highway and enjoy
Drop at your preferred location
If we get time, we can cover Sapteshwar or Mahudi. Please read our reviews on https://g.page/Pikniks?share
Xcent/i10 AC Car
(Max 4 Persons)
Ertiga AC Car
(Max 6 Persons)
Innova Crysta AC Car
(Max 8 Persons)
– Driver Allowance
– Toll Tax
– Parking Charges
– Home to home travelling
– Entry Fees
– Any meal
Notes: The tour is completely flexible based on the schedule, interest and choices. So discuss with us for customization. Also please inform us 48 hrs before the trip.
We on social media:
Do you Like the above information? Like Pikniks on Facebook by clicking the Like Button below