Gandhinagar Akshardham (Monday Closed) The beautiful temple is located in the city. It has many things to do. It may take more than 4 hours if you want to cover everything. Many have a question about What to see in Akshardham Gandhinagar and how to manage it. Security officers will take the mobiles and metal things before you enter the premises. It was constructed in 1992. Timings, Things to See, Prices and How to reach.
What to see in Akshardham Gandhinagar
- Beautiful Large Swaminarayan Temple
- Musical Fountains
- Premvati Bhojnalaya is Famous for khichdi
The mandir reaches 108 feet into the sky, spans 131 feet in width, and is 240 feet long. Inside the mandir, each carefully carved pillar shares a story of devotion or offers the darshan of a deity. It will take approx
Akshardham Gandhinagar Timing
9:30 AM to 7:30 PM
10:00 AM and 6:30 PM
The exhibition of Akshardham Gandhinagar
The exhibition has 4 parts.
- Neelkanth and Sahajanand Darshan – Hall of value: 45 minutes.
- Mystic India: 45 minutes – If anyone asks you how to describe an India shortly or the perfect way to show what India is. This film is a must-see. This is the film which gives pride to every Indian in Indian culture. Do not miss this film if you love India or want to experience Indian culture and religion.
- Premanand Hall: 30 minutes.
- Sant Param Hitkari: 15 minutes.
Fees of Exhibition as of May 2022
Adults (Age 11+): ₹ 60
Children (Age 3 – 11): ₹ 40
Children (Below Age 3): Free
Timing of Exhibition
10:30 am to 6:30 pm.
Ticket counters close at 6:30 pm.
Total Duration 2:15 Hrs to 3:00 Hrs
Gandhinagar Akshardham Musical Fountains
Akshardham’s musical fountain is considered as best in India. It includes 5 basic tattvas (elements) of life (Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Sky) + Sound
Akshardham’s Musical fountains timings
Closed on Monday
7:00 or 7:30 PM (Tuesday to Friday)
7:00 or 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM (Saturday and Sunday)
Akshardham’s Musical fountains fees are as per May 2022
Adults (Age 11+): ₹ 100
Children (Age 3 – 11): ₹ 70
Children (Below Age 3): Free
Duration: 45 Mins
The fountain is explaining the story of the Kathopanishad. It has the following features
- 80ft wide x 60ft high water screen
- Multi-colour lasers
- Video and light projections
- Underwater flames
- Water jets
- Surround sound symphony.
- Live actors take you through a journey.
Premvati Bhojnalaya (restaurants)
Khichdi is recently had in news for declaring India’s national food. Padmavati’s khichdi is very famous. Local people do not leave Akshardham without eating it. Padmavati offers many other vegetarian foods/snacks apart from khichdi. It is located inside the Akshardham premises.
Recently, Premvati Bhojnalaya opened in the BAPS temple near Mansi Circle Ahmedabad offering Swaminarayan pure foods.
How to reach Akhshardham from Ahmedabad
- You can hire auto-rickshaw or cab to reach Ahmedabad to Akshardham. Approx cost around 1,000 (One way). For two way Ahmedabad to Akshardham to Ahmedabad it will cost around 1,500 to 2,500
- If you take our services, we can arrange Ahmedabad darshan along with Akshardham starting from 3,500 Rs. Read more about it from here
- You can come by personal car
- Gujarat State transport bus is going to Akshardham (Gandhinagar) from Ahmedabad. But Its return timing is not fixed so it’s advisable to prebook the rickshaw or car.
Important Notes if you are planning to visit
- Monday it remains closed
- Many people searching for or assume that Akshardham is in Ahmedabad Akshardham but Akshardham is located in Gandhinagar which is 30 km from Ahmedabad.
- Mobile and camera not allowed in Akshardham temple Ahmedabad, They will ask you to put the mobile, and camera at the locker. It will take 3-4 hrs to view everything. During this time, your mobile will not remain with you
- There is limited transportation to come back from there so it’s advisable to arrange vehicle arrangement while travelling
- Veg food + without onion garlic available in the canteen.
Last updated on 15 May 2022
This blog is part of Pikniks – One or Two Days trips from Ahmedabad
10:30 AM to 11 PM
Whatsapp Response Time ~1 Min
For a Quick reply, Do WhatsApp as we are not much active on a phone calls.
If we do not respond on call, please do WhatsApp.
Or Call on 7567951899
Our working Hours are 10:30 AM to 11 PM
We on social media:
Do you Like the above information? Like Pikniks on Facebook by clicking the Like Button below