Paradise of Birds and Tourist attraction nearby Ahmedabad. Best place for one day picnic from Ahmedabad, Sanand, Surendranagar, Viramgam and Gandhinagar during winter season. Best time to visit from 1st December to 15th March early morning is best.
Best Time to Visit Nalsarovar
Best Months to Visit : November to March
Best time : Lake open at 6 AM and closes at 6 PM. Reach at 5:00 AM to get ticket on-time and jump into boat. Also evening from 3 PM onward is good time to watch birds and pleasant experience.
Select Days : In December and January, on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays it is crowded with lot of people. It is very low chances that you can see the bird. It becomes picnic spot during this time.
The lake is 9 feet in depth maximum and full with the grass in the water. Boats have to pass through the tall grass so diesel/padal boats can’t work here so enjoy the bamboo boats. The local people are used to serve the boating. Which you can hire based on the selection.
Blue sky, Full sunlight, Blue water, lush green grass on island, colorful birds, colorful culture of local people and your friends and family. Nothing better then this for the photography
Flora and Fauna
It is shallow water lake so you can see various kind of grass and water based flora and fauna
Migrating Bharwad shepherds populates the islands of the lake and on the banks are the Padhars, who are excellent folk dancers, artisans and boatmen. Sama sindhi, devipujak, muslims are other casts which are located here.
Kathiyawadi Veg Food
On the dhrabla beyt, you will get a full dish of the kathiyawadi food which includes Bajri Rotla, Lasan Chatni, Potato Sabji with good natural taste. It is must to eat if you want to enjoy food of the local khoja community. Also they have tea and snack options available. Additionally, management have opened restaurants at boarding place too.
Pick good time (working day) you will get lot of flamingos, pelicans and brahmini birds. Keep high zoom camera and binoculars.
The interpretation center named as ‘Abhiruchi Kendra’ has been developed. 70 types of birds are migratory. Out of these 70, only 25 to 30 are easily observed by the visitors and tourists. The interpretation center focuses on these 30 species. Migratory bird’s travel distance, place of origin, cross section prototype of Nal Sarovar’s under water life etc. are exhibited in the center. A reverse osmosis plant is also set up to offer pure drinking water to visitors. (IPC Souce : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Monday to Friday
Sat & Sun
Monday to Friday
Sat & Sun
For 5 to 12 Years children 50% off
For Indians – 200 Rs/Camera
For Foreigners – 20 USD/Camera
2 Wheelers – 10 Rs
3 to 4 Wheelers – 20 Rs
Bus/Truck – 50 Rs
Nalsarovar Boating Fees
Route : Nalsarovar > Dhrabla > Nalsarovar (Duration : 2 hrs)
- 1 Person – 220 Rs
- 2 Persons – 440 Rs
- 3 Persons – 660 Rs
- 4 Persons – 880 Rs
- 5 Persons – 1100 Rs
- 6 Persons – 1320 Rs
- Personal boat Maximum 6 persons : 1320 Rs
- One can hire country boats, on the lake for bird viewing, and picnic at shacks the on the islands. Govt has declared fix fare(Hour basis) of the boats so hire those boats only.
- have enough knowledge of the flora and fauna of the lake
- On the one the island you can get the rotla, chatnis and dahi (Kathiyawadi foods) and snacks from local people. Visitors may take this as lunch or breakfast.
- Keep good binoculars and book of birds
- Keep sunglass, cap and camera.
- Sea gull follow you while boating, to keep them around you, you can take popcorn (Non Fried) / biscuit from the stall near ticket counter.
- When you buy tickets for boating. One of the boat owner will follow you(Boat driver will be different one). He will ask for 1000+ rs for cover extra 5-6 points. But do not believe in that. They may force for first 10-15 mins in the boat rides. But do not respond on it. If you really want to enjoy 5-6 points (which is only taking 15-20 mins), deal with your boat rider while leaving dhrabla beyt and do negotiation in the boat.
- Please do not give fried items to birds because In 2006, nearly 50 sea gulls were found dead at Lakhota lake in Jamnagar.
Good to Know about Nalsarovar
- Size : 123 sq.kms. One of the largest natural lake of India
- Type : Natual shallow lake. Maximum depth 9 feet
- Awarded as : Ramsar site in September 2012. It is only lake which selected for ramsar site after 2005.
- Geography :This region is a low-lying area beplains of the central Gujarat and eastern saurashtra.It is believed to represent acfilled up sea link, that previously existed between little rann of kutchch in north and Gulf of Khambhat in south
- Birds : 225 types
- Most visible Birds :
- Brahmini ducks
- Most visible Birds :
Location and Accommodation
- Location : 64 Km from Ahmedabad. Route : Ahmedabad > Sanand > Nalsarovar. There is limited public transport available. You have to go by taxi.
- Accommodation : limited (nil). Generally it is good for half day picnic. There are resorts like Nalsafari and Others around 20 Kms away from that so you can stay there too.
We are operating private tour in cab from Ahmedabad on request basis. Which is cost around the 3,200 Rs for the xcent car (Max 4 Persons). Also along with nalsarovar you can cover Little rann of kutchh and Varnindradham swaminarayan temple which is very beautiful. So you can enjoy full 1 day in 3,200 Rs .
Do you Like above information? Like Pikniks on Facebook by clicking Like Button below