Gandhi Ashram or Satyagrah Ashram Ahmedabad is a famous and iconic place for the visitors of Ahmedabad. Mahatma Gandhi set up 17th June 1917 Almost (100 years back) on the riverbank of the Sabarmati. There are many historical events like the Dandi march, Rowlatt Act, Champaran Satyagrah, Khadi movement and many others. Recently PM Narendra Modi visited Gandhi Ashram and decided to renovate it to make it more attractive. Here is the plan..
From 1930, Mahatma Gandhi did not visit the ashram again as he took vows that he will not return until getting independence.
In 1949, after the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi (1948), Gandhi Ashram has covered an area like 120 acres.
Currently, it covered only 5 acres as displayed below the image. Ashram road is one of the busiest roads of Ahmedabad which is passing nearby Gandhi Ashram
New Ashram Plan will Cover 55 acres from 5 acres.
Please see the image below to check the ashram will be expanded and shift of the Current ashram road vs the proposed ashram road.
Master Plan of Rennovation of Gandhi Ashram
- Convert dirty Chandrabhaga to Clean and make it pleasent
- New library and museum
- Research and Training center
- Institute development
- Shifting of Asham Road
- Relocating the current resident to move on other location
- Maintaining peace and enviorment friendly and real value
- Ekpand the size of ashram
Total cost around 1,200 Crores of this development and I am sure this will surely inspire lots of tourist towards Mahatma Gandhi.
Benefits of the new Ashram
- Improve the experience
- Well maintained Gandhi’s collection
- Better area which will give full privacy from the hustle-bustle busy ashram road so visitors can see complete 55 acres ashram
- Increase the tourism and visitors likely to spend more time then before.
- New modern feature will inspire the lots of visitors and new generation about gandhiji’s life.
Here is the video from the Gujarat Tourism (www.gujarattourism.com)
Thanks. I will keep sharing updates here on its development. If you are planning to visit it, please visit this – https://myahmedabad.blog/portfolio/ahmedabad-akshardham-one-day-tour/
Latest update on 20 October 2021
We on social media:
Do you Like the above information? Like Pikniks on Facebook by clicking the Like Button below